[mythtv-users] reconfigure to single FE/BE with Json

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 16:42:13 UTC 2023

On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 12:24 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 11:17:45 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:04?AM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hoi Daryl,

> >> Am I right to assume your database is on the rpi?
> >>
> >Yes, it is currently the Master BE
> >
> >> The database does not have to be on the machine running the
> >> master backend, but it MUST be up and running to use mythtv.
> >> So, if the db is on the rpi and you want to take the rpi out of
> >> commission, you will have to move the database and change the settings
> >> on all back and frontends accordingly.
> >>

> >The RPi is called "trieli" and the Lenovo is called "daryl".
> >I've created a new database backup from the RPi (host name trieli) so I'll
> >need to change Lenove's hostname from daryl to trieli to be able to: drop,
> >create, and restore this new db?
> >
> >Or can I move the database from the master (RPi) to the slave (Lenovo) and
> >then configure the Lenovo to be  the master?
> >
> >TIA  Daryl
>
> The mythconverg_restore.pl program has an option to change the
> hostname in the database - use the --help option to see it.  So you
> can restore a database on a machine with a different hostname, then
> use that command to change the hostname in the database to match the
> machine's hostname.

So, to make sure I understand this. restoring the RPi's database backup
onto the Lenovo, WILL restore and leave me with a mis-match of hostnames:
database to machine (Lenovo) which can be corrected / matched by using the
command in the mythconverg_restore.pl --help. Then off to the XMLTV wiki?
Thanks again!   Daryl