[mythtv-users] reconfigure to single FE/BE with Json

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 15:17:45 UTC 2023

On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:04 AM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Daryl,
>
> Saturday, September 23, 2023, 3:22:59 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Experimentally, I tried using a RPi4 as a master BE with EIT
> > program data, on 24/7 to get the best data possible. That didn't
> > work so well so, as the subject indicates, I want my previous setup
> > back. I renewed my SD subscription and started with the "XMLTV -
> > MythTV Official" wiki. I did the xmltv install, but get nothing when
> > I run "mythtv-setup" as mythtv. If I turn the RPi off I can't
> > connect to the database. Do I need to restore a database to the
> > Lenovo in order to proceed with the wiki?
> > TIA  Daryl
>
> Am I right to assume your database is on the rpi?

Yes, it is currently the Master BE

> The database does not have to be on the machine running the
> master backend, but it MUST be up and running to use mythtv.
> So, if the db is on the rpi and you want to take the rpi out of
> commission, you will have to move the database and change the settings
> on all back and frontends accordingly.

The RPi is called "trieli" and the Lenovo is called "daryl".
I've created a new database backup from the RPi (host name trieli) so I'll
need to change Lenove's hostname from daryl to trieli to be able to: drop,
create, and restore this new db?

Or can I move the database from the master (RPi) to the slave (Lenovo) and
then configure the Lenovo to be  the master?

TIA  Daryl