[mythtv-users] Video file naming with multiple parts/episode

Simon linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 15 19:15:35 UTC 2023

Helen Buus <helen.buus at gmail.com> wrote:

>> You don't have to merge the files into one, just add something in parentheses to both filenames so they are distinct. What's in the parens is not used to do the metadata lookup. They'll get the same metadata, description, etc., but they'll exist as different files and they should be listed in order, if you name them like this:
>>
>> "S1E1 Look to the Lady (part1).mp4"
>> "S1E1 Look to the Lady (part2).mp4"
>>
> I just took a look at thetvdb.com and themoviedb.org. Both list Campion - Look to the Lady as two episodes, i.e. part 1 is s1e1 and part 2 is s1e2. So, follow Hika's advice first, to check the media site. If it doesn't list two episodes, then try my suggestion with parens.

Sorry, not been able to have another go at this - minor things like painting the house while the weather was decent ...

Success - eventually.
I was just looking at Wikipedia for the episode names etc., I never thought to check the database sites. I also had to rename the folder “Campion (1989)”, remove it from Myth’s view, rescan to clear it from the database, put it back, and rescan again.

BTW, where do I see which grabber & database my system is set to use ?

Simon