[mythtv-users] Comcast Cable Card: Suddenly "No Entitlement"

Larry Kennedy lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 23:30:55 UTC 2023

On Mon, Sep 4, 2023 at 7:16 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/23 21:55, Evuraan wrote:
> >> After an hour or so chat with an agent where they supposedly sent an
> >> activation, but nothing got fixed, and they tried to convince me to
> >> subscribe to their mobile service, they said it will need a technician
> >> visit. I declined that and I will be returning the cable card and
> >> unplugging the ceton.
> > not surprised with Comcast - I was secretly waiting on how long it
> > would take to get to this point.
>
> The cable card is working again and receiving all channels. I will hang
> on to it for a while.

I also have Comcast service which has been pretty darn solid for a long
time, and I also have a CableCard with my HDHR.   These threads about
waning support for CableCards are concerning, mostly because I have no idea
what my alternatives are for MythTV, absent the HDHR+CableCard combo.

What is plan B if plan A falls through?