[mythtv-users] Comcast Cable Card: Suddenly "No Entitlement"

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 21:38:07 UTC 2023

On 9/1/23 14:44, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 1:27 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> * Does your CableCARD show as authenticated/authorized?
>>
>> Card Authorization: Validated, validation message is received, authenticated, and the IDs match those in the current binding
> That is good.

>> I don't know if this is good or bad.
> Those numbers are considered good.
>

> This *may* be an easy fix for Comcast.  Call
> them, and indicate that you are not able to
> tune all the channels in your package.
>
> That is (typically) something they have
> in their script(s), which will result in them
> sending a proper provisioning message.
>
> After they do that, make sure the card
> authorization is still validated/authenticated
> (there are some hits that change the
> host/dataid, and then you have to do
> the re-pairing with the new values).

Thanks for the suggestion.

After an hour or so chat with an agent where they supposedly sent an
activation, but nothing got fixed, and they tried to convince me to
subscribe to their mobile service, they said it will need a technician
visit. I declined that and I will be returning the cable card and
unplugging the ceton.