[mythtv-users] New web app for setup and replacement for mythweb

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue May 30 17:25:02 UTC 2023

I don't have a dev system, so I can't test this, but I have a question
about whether a feature already exists or could be made to exist:

I've had a private patch to various versions of mythweb for a million
years which changes the single channel presentation of listings (what
you get from mythweb/tv/channel?chanid=CHANNUM&date=TIMESTAMP) from
showing -one- day at a time to -all- days on and after the date chosen.
This is waaaay faster for my workflow of saying, "Is there anything
interesting coming up on this channel?" and which I do for several
channels at regular intervals---otherwise I have to get a new page for
every single day, one at a time, instead of scrolling, and that's just
intolerably slow.  So I made the "all days at a time" mode the default
for my particular mythweb; if you want only one day, just stop reading
partway down the page. :)

Can this replacement perhaps have a mode which enables this behavior?
Otherwise, at least for my use case, I'd either stay with mythweb or
patch the new version to do what I've been doing with mythweb, and I'd
rather not be in the business of doing that forever.

If you'd like me to send a diff from the current mythweb for my patched
version so you know what I"m talking about, I can, though I assume it
wouldn't be directly useful in the reimplementation by itself.  It's
only a few lines of code.

Thanks!

P.S.  As part of that patch, I also fixed a bug where every time you
changed the channel in the form, mythweb jumped backwards a day in the
date, caused by it confusing UTC with localtime and then consistently
walking backwards over the midnight boundary; that'll be in the patch
if anyone wants to see it.