[mythtv-users] [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Tue May 23 15:09:33 UTC 2023

>>Is there a way to avoid this by puttion a file ".nolookup" or simaler
>>in this directory?

>That is an option I would love to have also, for the same sort of reasons, but I have never found MythTV to have a way of doing it.

The easiest way would be to adapt "tmdb3.py" to check for ".nolookup" and return an empty result.

MythTV makes a lot of suggestions on the content type: movies, series, including the way how they are organized (Season/Episode).

As for example a parent directory contains a number it is interpreted as a series.
I modified the MythTV code to interpret specific directories on the content type, or even disable scraping. (actually I am only interested in Movie scraping, for series, documentary or learning videos, I want only the directory structure and no metadata).

MythTV already has storage groups, they should be enhanced with the content type, which scraper (or disable (and it should also allow personal scrapers)), and in case of series the directory structure to retrieve Season/Episodes.
Have a look at Kodi as an example for ideas how/what to implement: https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources, see "Set Content".