[mythtv-users] Anyone running the Android frontends ON their TV?

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 19:55:34 UTC 2023

On 20/05/2023 19:41, Ian Evans wrote:
> Subject says it all. Just wondering if anyone is running the Android
> frontends ON their Google OS TV as opposed to using an external box like
> the Shield or Chromecast with Google TV device?
>
> Any issues running it on the TV vs externally?

I have done this, with a Sony Android TV, but mostly now for 'watching'
I run leanfront on the TV.   The BE/FE Fedora 37 x86_64 box can display
on its own monitor and/or the TV via nVidia and HDMI.

The leanfront playback is smoother, but for admin, with a largish
library, I find mythfrontend more convenient - and because I'm running
master the DB schema sometimes gets ahead of Peter's builds.  With
leanfront that doesn't matter.

Another point is the confusion caused by having too many remote
controls.  Firestick + Android TV + keyboard + mouse...