[mythtv-users] Priority Channel?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon May 8 16:48:46 UTC 2023

On 08/05/2023 16:03, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> There are two channels that play the same program, one an hour later than the other. I want to
> record the later one. However, occasionally the later one will schedule a special event preempting
> the program. In that case I want it to record the earlier one. (I'm not talking about real time
> preemptions, just scheduled ones).
>
> How do I do this?

If your second channel is what is known in the UK and Europe as a "+1" channel, I should advise you
that the +1 showings are usually at a lower bit rate, often much lower. In other words, you get to
see the same program but the definition might not be so good. Plan according to your tastes.

--

Mike Perkins