[mythtv-users] Priority Channel?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon May 8 16:05:06 UTC 2023

On Mon, May 08, 2023 at 11:03:01AM -0400, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> There are two channels that play the same program, one an hour later than
> the other. I want to record the later one. However, occasionally the later
> one will schedule a special event preempting the program. In that case I
> want it to record the earlier one. (I'm not talking about real time
> preemptions, just scheduled ones).
>
> How do I do this?

You've got at least a couple of options.  Is the program shown at only
those times?  If not, you can use a power search, recording rule and
choose the last showing.  Another way is to create a power, priority
rule for the program and one of the channels.  Either raise the
priority of the channel with the earlier showing or lower the priority
of the channel with the later showihg.

David
--
David Engel