[mythtv-users] Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Fri Mar 31 23:20:06 UTC 2023

On 31/03/2023 19:26, David Hampton via mythtv-users wrote:

> The last two releases were February 2022 and February 2023.  I'm
> assuming that there will be one in February 2024.  (In fact, I just
> blocked out a day on my calendar to do a release.)  I'm open to doing
> August releases as well.
>
> David

I appreciate that :) I was quite happy with the 6 monthly release to
keep thing rolling along. The problem is putting a release together
requires cooperation from several devs to help with not on the git
versions and tags update stuff but there are various pages on the wiki
like the release notes and services api changes. There is the website to
update, the translations to update, the Ubuntu packaging scripts and the
PPA's to create and update. Also we have to have someone submit the
release for inclusion in the official Ubuntu release etc. There's
probably other stuff I'm forgetting right now. These all require several
devs to play their part unfortunately not everyone is happy with the 6
month releases. The argument seems to be we should only do a release
when there have been changes that are worth doing a release for which
was how we used to do things which I do understand. But because
development has slowed down that can mean 2 years or more between
releases which could tie in with the Ubuntu LTS releases.

Like I've said to the other devs I'm not going to push for the releases
anymore I'll just let things progress at there own pace. In any case it
doesn't really affect me since I have my own PPA with packages created
from my own fork :)

Paul H.