[mythtv-users] Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Wed Mar 29 22:37:34 UTC 2023

On 29/03/2023 22:56, Klaas de Waal wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 at 21:35, Jan Hambrecht <jaham at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>     I got a hint from a user of my theme that it is not available from
>     the theme
>     chooser anymore. I just tested it on my own and can reproduce the
>     issue.
>     At first I thought that not having a fixes/33 branch for the theme
>     was the
>     cause. But I already created one yesterday and also increased the
>     version
>     number.
>     Can someone from the devs please have a look? That would be great!
>

> I don't really know how the theme downloading stuff works but  I can
> find a "Monochrome 6.0" in the Setup/Theme Chooser page of master
> frontend and also in the fixes/33 frontend.
>
> Klaas.

I think David or Stuart made all the themes available for master but
only selected ones known to work are available for the fixes branches.

There are various themes.zip files which say what themes are available
for a particular MythTV version. For fixes/33 it is this :-

http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/33/themes.zip

Replace the 33 with the fixes branch you are interested in.

Master due to legacy stuff I wont bore you with is slightly different.
They are available here :-

http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/trunk/themes.zip

If you want a themes added for a fixes branch. First create a branch in
your git repo for the theme. Then try to get either David H. or Stuart
A. to add it to the update theme update script.

Paul H.