[mythtv-users] TBS drivers updated to work with kernels up to 6.2

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 15:14:40 UTC 2023

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 4:30 AM Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> I have now had my first kernel update since the TBS drivers were
> updated, and it seems that the two new sed lines in the build script
> are wrong.  When I compiled with them, the drivers did not load
> against my new kernel - there were messages about rc_* names not being
> found.  Removing the two sed lines again made the drivers work as
> normal.

TBS really needs to upstream their current
driver.  I believe Hauppauge has done so,
leaving TBS as the last major TV tuner
manufacturer who forces their Linux users
to compile their own kernel driver (with
all the resulting failure modes).

Since the code is GPLv2, perhaps someone
who uses those cards might upstream the
code.