[mythtv-users] TBS drivers updated to work with kernels up to 6.2

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Mar 23 03:01:30 UTC 2023

I am using TBS6909 and TBS6209 DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 cards in my MythTV
box.  These require compiling the TBS drivers with each kernel update,
and recently the drivers have not been able to be compiled against the
latest kernels, although the current Ubuntu LTS kernels were still OK.
This was caused by the withdrawal of support for the upstream media
build tree.  It looks like support is back again, and the TBS drivers
are now supposed to compile up to 6.2 kernels:

https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media/issues/286

I have not tested this yet as I am still on 5.15.