[mythtv-users] Bug related to ignoring the and a in title ordering

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:33:12 UTC 2023

Hoi Hika,

Sunday, March 19, 2023, 12:48:56 PM, you wrote:

> Hoi David,

> Sunday, March 19, 2023, 5:41:05 AM, you wrote:

>> On Sun, 2023-03-19 at 05:11 +0100, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Hoi Stephen,

>>> Does anybody know!

Setup ->>> General -> General -> Remove Prefixes when Sorting (*)

>> MythTV never actually removes the prefix from the title, it just
>> ignores the prefix when sorting names.  It sounds like something else
>> is going on that is causing "Dark Heart" and "The Dark Heart" to be
>> confused.

>> David

>> * That label needs to be updated to "Ignore Prefixes when Sorting". The
>> description also needs to be updated.

> Thanks.
> Either that option was added after 0.27 or it is not present in
> MythCenter-wide. On the indicated page I only have "Use line edit
> virtual keyboard" and "Screen shot path"

I rechecked everywhere, I even checked the settings table for any
setting name starting with remove or ignore.
I guess it was added after 0.27.

I thing I will rename the series to its original Scandinavian name.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop