[mythtv-users] what to setup bind-address to in mariadb system?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:23:11 UTC 2023

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 12:57 PM Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 16/03/2023 17:26, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I have a working Ubuntu 22.10 mythtv v33 system, but mythfrontend only
> > works locally. I can run Leanfront from a FireTV remotely, but not
> > mythfrontend on the same firetv stick.
> >
> > My /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf is
> > [mysqld]
> > #bind-address=::
> > max_connections=100
> >
> > When I remove the # from the bind-address statement as you do in mysql
> the
> > database fails to connect locally with the backend.  So there must be a
> > different way in mariaDB systems.
> >
> Same comment I just made to someone else: The mariadb config files
> override the mysql ones. Look for
> bind-address statements elsewhere in that tree.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

I can only find 2 bind-address statements in the searchable path.
one is
bind-address            = 127.0.0.1
with this explanation
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address            = 127.0.0.1

in the mythtv.cnf there is another bind commented out:
#bind-address=::

Removing that # make mythtv not work at all.

So I'm lost.

Jim A