[mythtv-users] help needed! NUC fan failed on mythtv backend/frontend

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 16:18:05 UTC 2023

On Thursday 16 March 2023 10:53:03 AM (-05:00), James Abernathy wrote:

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 10:38 AM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday 16 March 2023 10:14:55 AM (-05:00), James Abernathy wrote:

I think I had the process correct.  But I have a question about mythconverg passwords.

Does the restore process change the /etc/mythtv/config.xml password or does it change the database to the password created on the new backend?

What I did was install Ubuntu 22.10 desktop on the RPI4 with the same hostname as on the old failed mythtv-backend, then added the mythbuntu repository for fixes/33.  Next I installed mariadb-server and then mythtv. Once that was completed I ran mythtv-setup and added my user 'jim' to the mythtv group and then I rebooted.

At this point I copied over all the old recordings and other files, then did:
mythconverg_restore.pl
--drop_database --create_database --filename
mythconverg-?????.sql.gz

I ran mythtv-setup and everything looked good and then I ran mythfrontend and it worked.

However, I had written down the mythconverg password on the old system before doing this and the new /etc/mythtv/config.xml passwords are different. I can only assume mythconverg_restore.pl fixes all of this??

Jim A

 mythconverg_restore.pl restores the mythconverg DB. Passwords etc. are stored in the mysql DB.

l--
Bill

So that may explain why I'm having issues now. I rebooted and now mythtv-setup and mythfrontend will not connect to the database.  How do I make this work?  I really don't care what the database password is.  When I build from source I use mythtv for both user and password.  I removed the comment from /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf bind statement and that's all except rebooting

Jim A

I always use the commands here to adjust as required: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/database/mc.sql

Done as the SQL root user. Depends on the distribution, but: sudo mysql mysql works for me.

--
Bill