[mythtv-users] Storage directory management across SSD/HD

Ram Ramesh rramesh2400 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 18:34:07 UTC 2023

On 3/11/23 11:32, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

>>> Not entirely true. Unless policies have changed in more recent mythtv
>>> versions. It will first try to make space by deleting recordings set
>>> for deletion and then those set to auto-expire. However finally it
>>> will start with other recordings, oldest first. You can set several
>>> parameters in your setup.
Can I set parameters such that it skips recording new show to save a
recording that is not marked to be deleted or auto-expire? I mean
recorded shows are more important that new recordings for me as I have a
habit or deleting anything that I watch and do not think I will watch
again. Thus if I keep a recording, I keep it intentionally/deliberately
and I do not want mythtv getting smart or second guessing my choice.

Regards
Ramesh