[mythtv-users] Storage directory management across SSD/HD

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 06:37:02 UTC 2023

On 11/03/2023 05:53, Ram Ramesh wrote:
> Do you mean mythtv will delete files even if they are not marked to be
> deleted? I expect that it will not record any new shows when disk is
> full. Deleting a recording that I want to keep is not very user
> friendly.  I never had this happen as I always had enough space. May be
> I never had to deal with it and therefore assumed this never happens.

MythTV will only auto-delete recordings that have been set to
auto-expire. So probably when discussing this functionality we should
use that word: auto-expire.

Each recording rule contains a flag that determines whether the
recordings carried out under it will be marked to auto-expire. But you
can also individually set or clear the auto-expire flags on already-made
recordings.

There's a brief write-up on the wiki here: [1].

[1]: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Using_MythTV#How_MythTV_Records

HTH, Jan