[mythtv-users] ***SPAM*** Caveats in upgrading from Ubuntu 18.04 + MythTV 29.1 to something newer?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Mar 10 10:24:43 UTC 2023

On 09/03/2023 23:27, Will Dormann wrote:
> Hi folks,
> .
 > .
 > .
>
> Having skimmed through this list from time to time, I seem to recall
> seeing messages along the line of "lirc doesn't work anymore unless you
> do <blah>", or something similar.

I went through the swap from lirc to evdev last year. I build the disc
image for my frontend with kiwi-ng and have the recipe in a git
repository here: https://github.com/Glidos/kiwi-mythfrontend

Looking back, I can see that I ...

* Removed lirc from the system including all the old config and tables

* Added a package called v4l-utils (may be called something else in
distros other than openSuSE)

* Created a file called rc6_mce in /etc/rc_keymaps, containing

0x800f0400 KEY_0
0x800f0401 KEY_1
0x800f0402 KEY_2
0x800f0403 KEY_3
0x800f0404 KEY_4
0x800f0405 KEY_5
0x800f0406 KEY_6
0x800f0407 KEY_7
0x800f0408 KEY_8
0x800f0409 KEY_9
0x800f040c KEY_T
0x800f040d KEY_M
0x800f040f KEY_I
0x800f0410 KEY_F11
0x800f0411 KEY_F10
0x800f0412 KEY_UP
0x800f0413 KEY_DOWN
0x800f0414 KEY_RIGHTBRACE
0x800f0415 KEY_LEFTBRACE
0x800f0416 KEY_ENTER
0x800f0417 KEY_R
0x800f0418 KEY_P
0x800f0419 KEY_O
0x800f041a KEY_Z
0x800f041b KEY_Q
0x800f041c KEY_T
0x800f041d KEY_T
0x800f041e KEY_UP
0x800f041f KEY_DOWN
0x800f0420 KEY_LEFT
0x800f0421 KEY_RIGHT
0x800f0422 KEY_ENTER
0x800f0423 KEY_ESC
0x800f0426 KEY_S

I think I may have come up with those codes by running a program that
displayed them while pressing keys on the remote, but I can't off hand
remember the name of the program.