[mythtv-users] Enabling IOMMU seems to have broken my tuners

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:56:48 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 8:48 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 11:24 PM George Bingham <georgeb1962 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what's going on or how to fix this??
>
> Not really, but a couple of random questions that may
> lead to better guesses (or additional confusion)
>
> * Is your MythTV BE in a VM too?
>
> No, the BE is on the host, which is ubuntu 22.04, and BE is the latest V32.

> * Have you validated it is IOMMU by disabling the enablement?

Yes, I backed out of the change last night and the BE worked for all my
prime time recordings.

> * What is your distro/version?

Ubuntu 22.04, 5.15.0-58-generic

> * Are you using in-kernel drivers, or the Hauppauge PPA drivers?

Pretty sure I'm just using in-kernel drivers...

I don't know much about iommu groups, but  I am wondering if each half of
the tuner is being put into separate iommu groups and hence  it breaks the
driver?   There was a little script I ran after enabling iommu that shows
what devices are in what iommu groups, and this card looks like two
Conextent devices, and they are put into separate iommu groups. I can't
reproduce that output because I backed out of that change and it's
currently working without iommu being enabled.

Thanks,

George