[mythtv-users] Events at the beginning of a recording

James B Huber jbhuber at judahnet.net
Thu Jan 26 00:37:02 UTC 2023

Shoot me for top posting again.

I use both of these "pending" and "started" events with my
FREEBOX tuner, which is really just
STB -> IPTV_Encoder -> NETWORK-CONNECTION-> Mythtv (FREEBOX)

I control the STB tuning this way, and my actual channel chager scripts
check if the STB is on FIRST, if it is not they turn it on.

I log everything.

I get a "recording-pending" event 60 seconds BEFORE the recording is
due to start (which my scripts, attached in my first reply on this)
ignore. I get a second "recording-pending" event ~30 seconds BEFORE the
recording is due to start (which my scripts play a countdown on and
actually call the channel-changer script (to power on the box and set
the channel).
  Then right at the tim the recording starts I get a single "recording-
started" event...

  This has been this way for a few years, from v29 -> v30 -> v31 (which
is what I am currently running).

Jim