[mythtv-users] Events at the beginning of a recording

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:11:48 UTC 2023

On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 at 16:34, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:

> The order I see is as follows:
>
> 1. The recording-started event is triggered first, almost simultaneously
> with the mythexternalrecorder's tuner command (at "second 0").
>
> 2. The recording-pending event is triggered next, at "second 5". So 5
> seconds after the recording has already started.

How are you observing this?

I'd be tempted to set up a script for the recording_pending event that
simply runs:

date >> /tmp/pending.log

to see when and how many times it's called.

I don't know if it's your use of mythexternalrecorder that makes any
difference - I'm using IPTV.  I'm also running 0.28 at the moment.

Do you know whether these timings are parameters that I may have
> misconfigured in the database? My database is quite old and has been
> upgraded many times over the 15+ years that it has been in use.

Not that I'm aware of.

Cheers, Ian