[mythtv-users] Events at the beginning of a recording

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:31:36 UTC 2023

On 24/01/2023 20:46, Ian Cameron wrote:
> As far as I know, the recording pending events are fired
> asynchronously.  There is no waiting for them to finish, rather, they
> are expected to have successfully done their job before MythTV starts
> recording (including the pre-roll).  On my system I consistently see
> recording pending events triggered at 94, 60 and 29 seconds before the
> pre-roll is due to start.

I don't see that. What I see is as follows:

Only one recording-pending event is triggered, not three as you observe
on your system.

The order I see is as follows:

1. The recording-started event is triggered first, almost simultaneously
with the mythexternalrecorder's tuner command (at "second 0").

2. The recording-pending event is triggered next, at "second 5". So 5
seconds after the recording has already started.

Do you know whether these timings are parameters that I may have
misconfigured in the database? My database is quite old and has been
upgraded many times over the 15+ years that it has been in use.

Also, assuming I can get these events into the correct order, my
situation is that I need to power up the set-top box, and it takes quite
some time to boot to a condition in which it is able to accept infrared
commands (i.e. able to change channels).

Cheers, Jan