[mythtv-users] Events at the beginning of a recording

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:59:50 UTC 2023

Hi.

I was wondering whether there is any more documentation about the
recording pending and recording started events than is available on the
wiki (which isn't very much).

I have read that the one envisaged uses of the recording pending event
is for it to trigger e.g. a set-top box being woken up, but for that to
be possible it would have to be triggered before the recording actually
begins, and the beginning of the recording should also wait until the
recording pending script returns.

On my backend I'm seeing the opposite: the recording started event
occurs before the recording pending event, and it obviously doesn't wait
for one event to be handled before the next-one begins.

So how is this actually meant to work?

Many thanks, Jan