[mythtv-users] Help with HDHomerun

James B Huber jbhuber at judahnet.net
Mon Jan 23 23:18:07 UTC 2023

Folks,
  I am in the process of adding a (what I thought was a HomeRun Connect
Duo) HDHomeRun to my setup.
Existing 2 tuners are FREEBOX (IPTV tuners) handled by hardware
encoders fed from set-top box HDMI, with external
channel changing handled by 2 scripts tied into Myth via
"recording_pending" and "recording_started" events.
Works just fine.

I have picked up I thought a connect duo, poking at the http interface
of it, it actuallu appears to be
HDFX-2US (IE: Flex Duo) running 20221205 firmware.
It scaned channels, and I can see/watch it with the Windows app, or
from the "hdhomerun-config-gui"
on the Myth box.

I have handled getting guide data in, it shows up in the web-gui (the
HDHR channels), I tell it to record
something and end up with a ZERO byte file, I see no errors, the events
for pending and started properly ignore
these 2 tuners...

How in the heck does this thing pick it's channels, and how does Myth
pick it up ?

Is my issue that I really need some way to "change channels" on this
thing ? I would have assumed that
since it's all on the network, that Myth knows how to talk to it and
what to do ?

Suggestions on how to proceed or what to be looking at ?

The Myth box is on Linux Mint 20.3 (which is built on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS)
and is running
"31.0+fixes.202203040618.7e4ce1ba98~ubuntu20.04.1"

Thanks as always,
Jim