[mythtv-users] Need help getting Android mythfrontend themes

Donald Brett dlbrett108 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 16:44:31 UTC 2023

I'm having difficulties getting themes to download on android
mythfrontend.  After selecting a new theme, I get "Error: Downloading
theme package from master backend".  I refreshed downloadable themes,
then stepped through each theme.

The original three themes worked (list below), but all others had the
error.  Tried on a Walmart-ONN-streaming and Amazon Firestick, both
boxes have the same error.  Mythfrontend (on the mythtv-backend box)
works for all that I selected.  I tried both 32 and 64 bit versions on
the ONN box; then the 32 bit version on the Firestick.

Original three that worked:
MythCenter 1.6
MythCenter-wide 1.10
Terra 1.5

Version:
don at johnny:~$ sudo mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v32.0+fixes.202301041904.417fcaed6e~ubuntu22.04.1
MythTV Branch : fixes/32
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 32.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.15.3

I'm pretty sure this worked on the previous version
(mythfrontend-20220929-arm-v33-Pre-903-gd21470bb3c.apk), but I've
changed lots of stuff since then.  Any suggestions on what to look for?

Don