[mythtv-users] Live TV stuck on SAP

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 17:03:13 UTC 2023

On 1/16/23 23:45, Douglas Peale wrote:
> It is called the "Secondary Audio Program" (SAP) here in the USA. I
> did not come up with that name. This SAP channel is not always there
> for many programs. It is therefore not the "normal" audio channel. I
> did not refer to "normal" as English, I referred to "normal" as not SAP.

While we are busy nit-picking, note the the term SAP (Second Audio
Program) refers to Analog TV, which has not been used in the USA for
some years. Nowadays TV is all digital and can have one or many audio
tracks in the stream.

Since you did not see an option to change audio program, it seems that
they only broadcast one audio track, which the broadcaster switched
between English and Spanish.

Peter