[mythtv-users] Lean Front

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Sun Jan 15 13:53:59 UTC 2023

On 15/01/2023 10:26, James Linder wrote:

> I setup lean front on a firestick.
> All good.
> The first movie I go to play plays for 1 second then pops up a dialog saying lots including
>
> Format Supported=yes
> Renderer failed
> [abort] [continue]
>
> continue repeats.
>
> Does this make any sense to anybody
> Do I need to transcribe the gobeldy gook from the dialog
> Should I try to use eg rapi and mythtv instead
>
> James

 From what Peter has said previously Leanfront does not use software
decoding so you can only play formats supported by the hardware decoder.
It kind of looks like the file you are trying to play is supported but
is still failing for some reason. Depending on where you live and what
format your local broadcaster uses you may have to re-encode your
recordings before they will play properly.

In other news the Amazon is slowly strangling the life out of anything
that stops users from using their Launcher to view content. They did it
with making it harder to replace the Launcher with custom ones and now
we have this which makes the FireTV devices less attractive to many users :(

https://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-now-forbids-fire-tv-apps-from-directly-launching-content-within-other-streaming-apps/

Paul H.