[mythtv-users] IR Receiver for 'One-for-All' Universal Remote

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Jan 10 02:36:49 UTC 2023

I recently replaced with MCE IR receiver with a FLIRC IR receiver.
This appears as a USB keyboard.  But instead of needing to change all the keybindings in mythtv, the flirc dongle lets you do remapping through some software.  So I just had to go through and say the stop button is D, play button is P, this is up arrow, etc, and then it all works as expected.
I'm not sure if this is a better solution, but this was probably easier than getting a MCE usb receiver that I couldn't remap things to and then had to update all the keybindings in mythtv.  And even moreso if you run other apps to control on the computer (kodi) requiring updating of keybinding there also.