[mythtv-users] Themes - did they change in 33?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 04:55:28 UTC 2023

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 8:44 PM David Hampton via mythtv-users
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2023-02-21 at 16:20 -0500, Ian Evans wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 10:18 AM David Hampton via mythtv-users
> > <mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> > > Try it now.
> >
> > Still no. Will try again later tonight and report back. Thanks.
>
> Have you tried forcing a refresh of the downloadable themes? From the
> theme chooser page, press 'M' and choose "refresh downloadable themes".
> I just cleaned up my .mythtv directory (rm -rf ~/.mythtv/cache
> ~/.mythtv/tmp ~/.mythtv/themes/TintedGlass), started v33, and was able
> to successfully download the TintedGlass theme.
>
> You can also test by trying to download the theme directly. Here's my
> output from doing this:
>
>   $ wget http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/33/themes.zip
>   $ unzip -l themes.zip  | grep Tinted
>       2525  02-20-2023 23:05   33/TintedGlass/themeinfo.xml
>      41026  02-20-2023 23:05   33/TintedGlass/preview.png.thumb.jpg
>
> You can also issue the following command and see what mythtv is trying
> to do:
>
>   $ mythfrontend -v general,gui | grep theme
>
> I occasionally have problems where I have to quit the frontend and
> restart in order for it so show a newly selected theme.
>
> Let me know how this goes for you.

Yes, I was forcing a refresh from the menu. Clearing the cache didn't
work...however (and this is a big however)...

When I looked at the directory structure I realized I had added the 32
repo when I did the install and not 33. Could swear I had added master
but that's what happens when you do an install before coffee.

I grabbed the themes from the 32 version of the url you gave and
installed TintedGlass directly. I'll try and upgrade to master this
weekend if I have a chance.

Thanks so much for your help.