[mythtv-users] Themes - did they change in 33?

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Mon Feb 20 10:35:45 UTC 2023

On 20/02/2023 05:20, David Hampton via mythtv-users wrote:

> On Sun, 2023-02-19 at 19:31 -0500, Ian Evans wrote:
>> As mentioned I'm testing 33 on a new system/location.
>>
>> Is TintedGlass still available as it was in .27? I don't see it in
>> the Theme Chooser.
> I forgot to branch that theme when I did the release three weeks ago.
> I've branched it now, so you should see the TintedGlass theme appear
> within the next six hours.  I've also added it to my release script, so
> it shouldn't be forgotten next release.
>
> David

Just a word of caution here.

Creating a branch for a theme doesn't magically make sure it will work
properly with a particular version of MythTV it may require updates to
make it work properly. The intention was always to leave it up to the
theme creator to decide if the theme was usable or not. Thankfully
changes that require theme updates are few and far between these days so
the chances are it will likely mostly work OK but there is no guarantee.
If you do find something that is broken on you chosen theme then I'm
sure either the theme creator or a dev will be happy to receive a patch
to fix it :)

Paul H.