[mythtv-users] web backend

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 14:26:32 UTC 2023

On 12/30/23 00:43, James Linder wrote:
> I seem to be the only outspoken user!
> I would prefer, but am happy to defer, the “record” tab save-n-exit rather than save, exit.

That is a reasonable suggestion. The original reason I did it that way
was to have somewhere to put the confirmation or error message after
saving. I would have to find a place to put the confirmation message.
mythfrontend solves this by not having a confirmation of "saved". Do we
need confirmation? The difficulty is related to the fact that this
dialog is used on multiple pages. I can investigate options.

Please open an issue for a feature request to get it changed.
(https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/new/choose).

> Also “record” defaults to “Find and Record” or “Record …” one does not*usually*
>   enter “record” dialog to “Not Record”
This is based on mythfrontend, if you go into the program guide, select
"Edit Recording Rule, you get the default of "Do not record" which you
change to something else. Also, "Do not record" means delete the
recording rule, in the case of editing an existing rule.
> I still like the concept of Qt:settings so you may set your preferences
> eg save-n-quit, coloured rows, preselected items <smile>
Please be more specific and open a feature request.