[mythtv-users] building with python3.11

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Dec 28 22:42:27 UTC 2023

> On Dec 29, 2023, at 04:33, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> Hi
> perhaps knowlegable folk can guide me please:
>
> I’m trying to build for openSuSE using python3.11
> Python bindings fail because missing
>
> WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing MySQLdb
>
> The distro has no MySQLdb package but does have
>
> python3-PyMySQL                               Pure Python MySQL Driver
>
> Is this correct? in which case I can tweek configure

Lots of experiments

jam at fire:~/mythtv/mythtv> /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb4.py -l en -a US -M 'Costa Concordia'
ERROR: <class 'MythTV.exceptions.MythError'> : No viable database module found.

jam at fire:~/mythtv/mythtv> zypper se pymysql

S  | Name            | Summary                  | Type
i+ | python3-PyMySQL | Pure Python MySQL Driver | package

<quote>
The goal of pymysql is to be a drop-in replacement for MySQLdb and work on
</quote>

If anyone can help thankyou
James