[mythtv-users] web backend

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 19:11:15 UTC 2023

On 12/23/23 00:59, James Linder wrote:
> Peter I’m going to fiddle. mythweb does a pretty good job of parsing categories.
> I see last night offering high lighted 1 movie but lumped 3 more as “tv show”
> Can you give me a 3 line guide on howto please (or a pointer)
>
> James

There are 4 cat-types: Movie, tv show, sports, series. That is what I am
using to color the guided.

mythweb used category to color it, but there are over 100 categories and
I could not manage to figure out 100 colors. Mythweb only supports 32 of
the categories, everything else is shown brown.

I can point you to the lists if you like. If you want to figure out 100
plus colors and associate them with categories I will implement it in
the code.  Note mythweb has a set of colors for each theme. The colors
you use need to work with the text that goes over them.

Peter