[mythtv-users] web backend

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Dec 21 05:50:18 UTC 2023

> On Dec 21, 2023, at 12:07, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 12/20/23 06:26, James Linder wrote:
>> When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
>> [Restart Backend]
>> When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
>> [Restart Backend]
>> When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
>> [Restart Backend]
>>
> You need to successfully complete the tab "Database Setup", and the first item of General (Host Address Backend Setup). Until then the backend cannot start normally. After those are  done you will be able to restart backend and have it up normally.
> Scanning for channels is the same as mythbackend, it is under Input connections. After you have done Capture cards and input sources, Input connections has "Scan for Channels", if it is a scannable device. Click the plus sign next to "Scan for channels", fill in the fields, click "Start Scan".

Peter I think writing software for the great-unwashed-mass is incredibly tortureous and I’ve been carefull to not criticise your hard work.
I will do a fresh install of ubuntu, try my best to setup and feedback how the worst-of-users coped.
Disclosure: I’ve done build - setup 100s times since 0.15 (I’ve been told a million times don’t exagerate)
Cheers and thanks for all the hand-holding
James