[mythtv-users] Myth web frontend cache

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 06:26:45 UTC 2023

On Monday 18 December 2023 12:49:22 AM (-06:00), James Linder wrote:

> >> I don't understand what you are doing. The icons are stored in .mythtv/channels on the backend. They are  retrieved by using a url like this "http://backend:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=10002". The browser may cache them. The response headers show the file date and time so the browser should not use a cached version if the file date is newer than the cached version. If you are seeing old cached icons you could try using touch to update the file date, e.g. "touch *.png" in the channel directory, or clear the browser cache.
> >
> > Peter again my naviet leading me
> > I expected that like you can do with php, your web page would tell the browser ‘do not cache’ so I thought that the only caching was on the server side.
> > I had been doing minor tweeks with gimp. One station (SBS) has a logo
> >
> > +——————--—+
> > | elongated picture |
> > +—--——————+
> >
> > the webfrontend shows
> >
> > +————+
> > | elongate |
> > +---———+
> >
> > making the logo square by making the canvas square makes the logo pretty
> > (ref the picture https://tigger.ws/downloads/tvguide.jpg)
> > I’m sure that ABC logo is not square just not too elongated.
> >
> > [sorry if my ascii art is distorted, probably most people’s mailers use proportional fonts and the picture depends on the font]
> >
> > The ‘wrong’ logos were two logos that I had not touched so the dates were old.
> >
> https://tigger.ws/downloads/screen.jpg
> Is there anything special about the pngs.
>
> Browser cache is cleared.
> Files are touched.
>
> Yet they won’t show. Manipultion is done with gimp.
> James

mythweb icons are retrieved the way Peter said and get stored wherever your
mythweb installation is under: 'data/tv_icons/'. I deleted all of mine then refreshed
http://mybackend/mythweb/tv/recorded and they were recreated.

$ ls -al /var/www/mythweb/data/tv_icons/
total 284
drwxrwxr-x 2 mythtv   www-data 49152 Dec 19 00:18 .
drwxrwxr-x 3 mythtv   www-data  4096 Jul 18  2020 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 34409 Dec 19 00:18 s28708_dark_360w_270h.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 11567 Dec 19 00:18 s28711_dark_360w_270h.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 51791 Dec 19 00:18 s28717_dark_360w_270h.png
--
Bill