[mythtv-users] Myth web frontend cache

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Dec 17 20:30:23 UTC 2023

> On Dec 17, 2023, at 22:17, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 12/17/23 06:17, James Linder wrote:
>>
>>> On Dec 17, 2023, at 15:08, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a cache, and how to clear it?
>>>
>>> I was setting icons
>>>
>>> https://tigger.ws/downloads/tvguide.jpg
>>>
>>> No the icon is not incorrectly named. Elsewhere both are correct (10bold.png and 10HD.png)
>>> James
>> Hours later the cache has cleared and correct icons for the channel loaded.
>> But it would be nice to doit live. Any answers re cache. It is not ram - persist after reboot
>>
>> James
>>
> I don't understand what you are doing. The icons are stored in .mythtv/channels on the backend. They are  retrieved by using a url like this "http://backend:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=10002". The browser may cache them. The response headers show the file date and time so the browser should not use a cached version if the file date is newer than the cached version. If you are seeing old cached icons you could try using touch to update the file date, e.g. "touch *.png" in the channel directory, or clear the browser cache.

Peter again my naviet leading me
I expected that like you can do with php, your web page would tell the browser ‘do not cache’ so I thought that the only caching was on the server side.
I had been doing minor tweeks with gimp. One station (SBS) has a logo

+——————--—+
| elongated picture |
+—--——————+

the webfrontend shows

+————+
| elongate |
+---———+

making the logo square by making the canvas square makes the logo pretty
(ref the picture https://tigger.ws/downloads/tvguide.jpg)
I’m sure that ABC logo is not square just not too elongated.

[sorry if my ascii art is distorted, probably most people’s mailers use proportional fonts and the picture depends on the font]

The ‘wrong’ logos were two logos that I had not touched so the dates were old.
Knowing what to look for will let me avoid the issue. Thanks.
James