[mythtv-users] MythTV not really deleting files

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Dec 16 03:51:58 UTC 2023

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:18:29 -0700, you wrote:

>My 6TB storage drive is full. Within MythTV it says I have 855 files
>taking about 2TB, but in Ubuntu it says my storage folder has 4501 items
>taking 5.6TB. Most of the files in there appear to be MythTV video
>files. It seems like the system isn't really deleting the files from the
>computer when I delete in MythTV. How can I fix this?
>
>Lloyd

Try using the find_orphans.py program to see if you have lots of
recording files that are not in the database.  Google says it is here:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py

but the Wiki is down at the moment.  I have not run it in quite a
while, so I am not sure if it has been kept up to date.

The MythTV forum also seems to be down.