[mythtv-users] MythTV not really deleting files

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 15:29:58 UTC 2023

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 at 14:21, Lloyd <lloydc23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My 6TB storage drive is full. Within MythTV it says I have 855 files
> taking about 2TB, but in Ubuntu it says my storage folder has 4501 items
> taking 5.6TB. Most of the files in there appear to be MythTV video
> files. It seems like the system isn't really deleting the files from the
> computer when I delete in MythTV. How can I fix this?
>
> Lloyd

Default behaviour is to retain deleted recordings until the space is
required for new ones.  They sit in the 'Deleted Recordings' group and can
be undeleted (which I find useful sometimes)

There are various parameters you change, such as how many days to retain
deleted recordings for, and how much 'free space' to maintain on the
recording drive.