[mythtv-users] New Myth Frontend box

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 14:54:27 UTC 2023

> On Dec 9, 2023, at 9:18 AM, Bob Wiegand <wiegandbob at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One of my Frontend machines died and I needed a replacement.
>
> I found this:
> https://www.newegg.com/asrock-4x4-box-r1000m/p/N82E16856158076?Item=N82E16856158076
> The price is reasonable, the size is good and it works well.

Looks like the ASRock above is about $280 with no RAM and no SSD.

I have been using TRIGKEY as well as BEELINK brands of mini pcs from amazon with RAM and SSD installed for less than the one above.

Typical prices for an N100  with 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD are less than 100.  On the Black Friday sale on amazon, I got a TRIGKEY  with a AMD RIZEN 7 5800 with 16GB and 500GB SSD for $280.

There are other brands that have similar weird brand names in the same price range with similar footprint, about 4.5 inches square, and less than 2 inches tall.

Regards!