[mythtv-users] schedule howto

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 13:44:29 UTC 2023

> There is no such thing as a virtual channel.

Minor correction: here in the U.S. we tend to use the old analog channel
number for station identification.  For instance, KWQC-TV was on analog
(NTSC format) Channel 6.  With the digital conversion (ATSC) the station
is transmitting on RF Channel 17 but is still known as "Channel 6" and
is branded and advertised as "TV 6".  The television itself remaps the
station: I push the 6.1 buttons on the remote to view what is really at
17.1.

So the virtual channel is 6.1 but one is really watching the primary on
channel 17.