[mythtv-users] schedule howto

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Dec 8 12:55:31 UTC 2023

G’day all
playing with the rules I can solve once, but everytime is a pain …

Aprogram (news on Australian ABC) scheduled to record from 1900 to 2000 (ish)
Bprogram scheduled 1930 to 2230

Aprogram (daily) can be on any combination of 2, 20, 21, 22, 23
My hardware causes some virtual channels to sometimes record broken recordings (badly pixelated) as a result I’ve set <no> virtual channels.
As suggested I put “prefer HD”

Now Aprogram records on tuner one, two, three, four
One recording of News is [red] conflict
One recording of Bprogram is [red] conflict

Wunce-upon-a-time I recall a rule “record 1 showing only”. That with “Prefer HD” would completely solve my problem. What is the solution? Better tuners, they are Haupauge USB dual tuners.

James

PS I can't give prority to any 2, 20-23, that channel may not carry Aprogram