[mythtv-users] Fix for forced subtitle problems

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Dec 5 22:59:09 UTC 2023

On 05/12/2023 19:49, Angela via mythtv-users wrote:

>>> Yeah, that may be best. We could see what the consensus is for this.
>>> That should be the behaviour when taking just the first two commits.

>>> Yes, I think the choice is either both or the non-forced, otherwise
>>> the problem this is supposed to fix would remain: we would have forced
>>> subtitles being active inhibiting non-forced.

>>> That's fine with me.
>
> I tried with only the first two commits; forced subtitle shown, I would prefer the non-forced.

I've gotten lost now in where this is going. With the first two commits,
the intention is that you get the forced subtitles (if present) without
having to explicitly enable them - when you want the non-forced
subtitles, you just hit the T key (TOGGLECC) to make them display. When
you no longer want the non-forced subtitles, you hit the T key again to
disable them and the forced ones will still be enabled. If that's not
the behaviour you're seeing then perhaps the commits aren't working
correctly on master, or for some videos.