[mythtv-users] webfrontend feedback

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Dec 3 23:05:46 UTC 2023

> On Dec 4, 2023, at 01:17, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 12/3/23 01:33, James Linder wrote:
>> This is a difficult task
>> First I think the effort by Peter, Stuart et al is outstanding, so very gently I offer critique knowing that I cannot do better and that my feedback may not reflect other’s opinions.
>>
>> I find the webfrontend clunky compared to mythweb.
>>
>> If I had to give my 12yo grandson directions over the phone then mythweb would be easier than webfrohntend.
>> Ease of use is not a significant feature, but is worth considering.
>>
>> I gave as an example
>>
>> Go to mythweb
>> Choose “listings”
>> Choose Date and time
>> Choose “Record This Showing”
>> Choose “upcoming”
>> <click> “Don’t Record”
>>    to get a HD version, if the SD version was selected
>>    to not record channels I don’t want
>>    ie Australia ABC records news on channels 2, 20, 21, 22, 23 in any combination of some or all
>>
>> So I wondered if tools like https://codepal.ai/language-translator/php-to-cpp might render mythweb in a form that is more easily supportable ?
>>
>> One nice feature of QT is settings where one could select skill level and theme to suit every user.
>>
>> Regards
>> James
>
> Are you comparing mythweb with the web app on latest master ? This is how I see it:
>
> Mythweb:
>
> Go to http://localhost/mythweb/
> Choose “listings”
> Select Date and time from drop down list
> Scroll through the grid to the required channel
> Click the required program
> Choose “Record Only This Showing” from schedule options on the right
> Click "update recording settings"
> Choose “upcoming recordings”
> Find the recording in the list
> <click> “Don’t Record”
>    to get a HD version, if the SD version was selected
>    to not record channels I don’t want
>    ie Australia ABC records news on channels 2, 20, 21, 22, 23 in any combination of some or all
>
> web app:
>
> Go to http://localhost:6544
> Choose “Program Guide”
> Click the calendar icon next to date and time
> Select Date from calendar and time from time picker
>   (Alternatively instead of using the calendar icon just overtype the date and time with new values and press tab)
> Scroll through the grid to the required channel
> Click the required program
> Choose “Record Only This Showing” from schedule type
> Click "save", Click "Close:
> Choose “upcoming”
> Find the recording in the list
> Click paperclip icon
> select "Do Not Record This Showing" in Schedule type, click "save", click "close"
>    to get a HD version, if the SD version was selected
>    to not record channels I don’t want
>    ie Australia ABC records news on channels 2, 20, 21, 22, 23 in any combination of some or all

> [...]

Peter clearly I’m an utter dork with the subtilies of the UI. Your hand holding smoothed the experience lots.
Thankyou.
I’ve used myth for years and never considered priorities. That’s my bad.
So the single issue I’d like is to colour the entries by category/genre so I don’t have to read lines of entries that turn out to be uninteresting.

Cheers
James