[mythtv-users] webfrontend feedback

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Dec 3 06:33:00 UTC 2023

This is a difficult task
First I think the effort by Peter, Stuart et al is outstanding, so very gently I offer critique knowing that I cannot do better and that my feedback may not reflect other’s opinions.

I find the webfrontend clunky compared to mythweb.

If I had to give my 12yo grandson directions over the phone then mythweb would be easier than webfrohntend.
Ease of use is not a significant feature, but is worth considering.

I gave as an example

Go to mythweb
Choose “listings”
Choose Date and time
Choose “Record This Showing”
Choose “upcoming”
<click> “Don’t Record”
   to get a HD version, if the SD version was selected
   to not record channels I don’t want
   ie Australia ABC records news on channels 2, 20, 21, 22, 23 in any combination of some or all

So I wondered if tools like https://codepal.ai/language-translator/php-to-cpp might render mythweb in a form that is more easily supportable ?

One nice feature of QT is settings where one could select skill level and theme to suit every user.

Regards
James