[mythtv-users] Suddenly only recording in SD, not HD

Andy Smith a.b.smith at shadymint.com
Fri Apr 28 20:40:00 UTC 2023

On 28/04/2023 17:27, Karl Buckland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a MythTV setup that has been working very well for a few years.
> Highlights:
> - Proxmox, container with Ubuntu 20.04.
> - Hauppauge dualHD USB stick (passed through), DVB/DVB-T2
>
> Suddenly in the last few days it has stopped being able to tune into
> HD channels, but it can still tune to SD. When trying to tune to any
> HD channel, I get a timeout error:
> TuningSignalCheck: taking more than 5000 ms to get a lock. marking
> this recording as 'Failing'.
>
> The timeout was 3000ms, and I tried increasing it to 5000 but it has not helped.
>
> When tuning in MythTV Frontend, it shows:
> Signal 73%
> S/N 4.7dB
> (TLMs) Partial Lock
>
> Clearly, my hardware is still working. I appear to have decent signal
> quality. I have completely restarted all hardware to eliminate any odd
> issues there.
>
> I am not sure on where my line of enquiry should be to investigate
> further? Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Karl

Are you by any chance located in UK?  I am in the south east using the
Bluebell Hill transmitter.  My setup uses a Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD and
since Thursday have been experiencing the same as you, all previously
stable HD channels fail to tune.  I have rebooted, increased the timeout
and even done a channel rescan for that transport (PSB3/BBSB/C45) which
found all the same channels but still the channels on that transport
fail to tune.  There have been no changes to the platform (Ubuntu 18.04
| mythtv 29.1) and since all the channels on the other transports are
working fine I wasnt sure where to go next.

--

Andy