[mythtv-users] To me this is a new introduced bug, or did something change

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 21:27:10 UTC 2023

I tried to install mythtv on a Ubuntu 23.04 RPI4. Everything went as
expected until I tried to set up XMLTV according to the wiki. Lots of
problems.

Turns out the new Ubuntu PPA for v33 on Ubuntu for 23.04 install creates
the user "mythtv" with a home of /nonexistent as the directory. This messes
everything up. All the current instructions for setting up a backend with
XMLTV have to be changed or do as I did and fix the user mythtv back to
/home/mythtv as normal per the documentation.

What am I missing?

Jim A