[mythtv-users] MythFillDatabase running, but not updating anything...

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 21:34:01 UTC 2023

On Saturday 15 April 2023 03:30:10 PM (-05:00), Douglas Peale wrote:

 > On 4/15/23 13:09, Bill Meek wrote:
 > >
 > > On Saturday 15 April 2023 02:02:49 PM (-05:00), Douglas Peale wrote:

 > > > Apr 15 11:50:33 BlackBox mythfilldatabase:
mythfilldatabase[1937008]: E CoreContext filldata.cpp:370 (Run)
tv_grab_zz_sdjson

 > > Is tv_grab_zz_sdjson installed?
 >
 > It was not.
 >
 > I tried running it, and it told me that I could install it by installing
xmltv-util.

 > Is there a reason this is not automatically installed when mythTV is
installed?

Good question, I'd say because XMLTV grabbers get selected by the user. I
use the
SQLite version too. Others like the text one. And then there's all of the
grabbers for other
countries.

 > I ran backend setup again so I could force a mythfilldatabase run.
 >
 > It now reports that it failed, and Mythweb actually reports that it ran
today but failed, so the results are at least different now.

 > I still don't know what I need to do to fix it.
 >
 > MythFillDatabase.log excerpt:

 > Apr 15 13:22:37 BlackBox mythfilldatabase: mythfilldatabase[2096762]: E
CoreContext filldata.cpp:224 (GrabData) XMLTV grabber returned error code 1
 > Apr 15 13:22:37 BlackBox mythfilldatabase: mythfilldatabase[2096762]: E
CoreContext xmltvparser.cpp:841 (parseFile) Malformed XML file, missing
element, at line 1, Premature end  of  document.

I'd run it again but add: -v system,xmltv

You'll see the actual command like used by the grabber. Run that (also as
user mythtv) for clues.

--
Bill