[mythtv-users] Upgrade to Mint 21 broke mythweb

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net
Fri Apr 14 02:32:58 UTC 2023

On 4/10/23 13:42, Jay Harbeston wrote:

>> On Apr 10, 2023, at 3:28 PM, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> I have upgraded my computer to Mint 21
>>
>> MythTV front end and back end are working
>>
>> Browser says "Unable to connect" when trying to access https://localhost/mythweb/
> Sounds like apache service is not running. That would be the first step.

Update to this issue:

I have done a clean install of mint 21, and restored my home directory (that was a nightmare caused by odd behavior of "BackInTime")

I have installed the ppa for MythTV 33, and installed mythTV

I have restored the database to MythTV and adjusted the passwords as required.

Everything appears to be working, including mythweb.

I did have a bit of trouble with the network tuners not being found, fixed after re-scanning for channels.

has the race between MythBackEnd starting and the network starting been fixed in 33? or do I need to look through my notes on
how to fix that?

Thanks.